Dreaming of Picasso

Monday, September 04, 2006

Midterms and Career Tests

Its that time of the year for me when the midterms comes knocking at my door. The Organizational Behavior midterm is next week and the Microeconomics midterm is the week after that. I tried to prepare a bit for the midterm but it seems like most of the work is still left. I have to get back into a study groove and get some of this taken care of.

I had been waiting for a while to take my career assessment tests offered by the Haas career services but after reading Axechick's post I got myself moving. There are three tests geared to measure interests, motivations and abilities. The result is an interesting report that lists the potential matches with different career paths. I plan to print up this very detailed report, go through it, and make an appointment with a career advisor. I also spent some time watching the career management streaming video recordings. Tersely put, they were insightful.

Now, I have to get back to some serious studying for my midterms. Wish me luck !!

6 Comments:

  • how come you're not part of this page yet? http://mbaleague.blogspot.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 05, 2006 12:51 PM  

  • Hey FooBarMe!

    Just found your blog while googling for info about the EWMBA at Haas. I am thinking of applying for Fall 2007 and will be attending an info session on the 20th, but one of my concerns is about career fair access. Officially Haas says that you have access to the career fair in your third year, but I hear this requires an approval from the student's current employer, and I can't think of too many employers willingly allowing their employees to seek other jobs, so that sounds like unofficially students have no access. Is this true?

    Your blog seems informative! Bookmarked it and will visit from time to time! Good luck with the program!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 07, 2006 2:18 PM  

  • As far as I know, employer authorization is not required to participate in the career fairs.

    By Blogger FooBarMe, at September 07, 2006 2:37 PM  

  • Hey, that's great to hear! Thanks for the quick answer.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 07, 2006 2:40 PM  

  • Hey,

    Your blog posts are very interesting. It seems to be very active as well.

    Keep it up!

    Uma Abraham,
    uma@graduatetutor.com

    By Blogger Uma Abraham, at May 26, 2009 12:12 AM  

  • wellcome to Picasso print Large selection of Canvas art, giclee and canvas prints for a cheap price. Our Art is Better than GOOD!

    By Blogger Tharami, at January 16, 2013 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home